Bent Tree Property Owners’ Association

Board of Directors’ Meeting DRAFT Agenda

TUESDAY, April 18, 2017

Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument



Members Present: Greg Davis, Matt Dunston, Mark Weidner, Paul Baker, Chris Mettes.

Meeting commenced at 6:30 p.m.


1)         Approval of the agenda

Motion to approve the agenda by Paul, seconded by Mark, unanimously approved.

2)         Excuse absences, if any

All board members present.

3)         Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda

No guest remarks.

4)         ACC Report

Few requests through the winter.   Currently a few requests for fencing and prefab sheds.

5)         Committee Reports, if any

a)      Beautification, Trails & Roads:  Paul Baker, Chair

Paul did Spring cleanup work on all entry monuments. He is working with contractors to price work at the Scottswood entry monument.

b)      Communications, Directory & Web Site:  Greg Davis, Chair

Greg renewed website domain names.

c)       Covenant Compliance:  Mark Weidner, Chair

Quiet month for compliance.

d)      Engineering & Water Augmentation:  Matt Dunston, Chair

No comments.

e)       Forest Management:  Mark Weidner, Chair

Annual tree inspection currently being done.  Need to send out email announcement of pending inspection next year.  Plan to send out email announcement concerning the inspection after report comes in next month.  Will add fire mitigation comments.

f)        Neighborhood Watch: BOD Liaison Paul Baker – Herb Wetzel, Chair

No comments.

g)      Welcoming:  BOD Liaison Greg Davis – Chuck Loeffler, Chair

Read Chuck’s email report of monthly activities.

6)         Review/approve prior board meeting minutes, if available

Motion to approve minutes from February board meeting by Paul, seconded by Matt, unanimously approved.  March meeting was cancelled.

7)         Discuss Scottswood Entry Monument plans

Board visited site before meeting.  Paul will work on pricing to

1)  Move rock border in to reduce size of landscaping area to match other monuments.

2)  Till and seed exposed area or cover with sod.

3)  Place large boulders along Scottswood to discourage parking.

8)         Treasurer’s Report

a)      Current Financial Report

Financial update distributed by Matt and reviewed by board.

b)      Review/approve reimbursements and other bills, if any

Motion to approve financial update and pay outstanding bills by Mark, seconded by Matt, unanimously approved.

c)       Review/approve donation to Friends of the Black Forest for Dawson water issues

Discussion of donation to Friends of Black Forest Preservation Plan was to take place at annual BTPOA budget meeting in February, but no one showed up due to poor weather.  Motion to approve a donation of $2,000 to FOBFPP to protect our water rights by Matt, seconded by Mark, unanimously approved.

d)      Discuss annual tax return

Greg will look into the increased cost of tax return preparation.

9)         Future Meeting Schedule:

a)      Regular board meetings (3rd TUESDAY, 6:30 pm, Monument Sanitation District):  May 16th, June 20th, July 18th

10)     Any other business


11)     Summary of action items

None needed.

12)     Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 7:35 by Greg.



Minutes prepared by Chris Mettes April 19, 2017.