Bent Tree Property Owners’ Association

Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes

TUESDAY, November 15, 2016

Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument




Members Present: Greg Davis, Matt Dunston, Mark Weidner, Paul Baker, Chris Mettes

Meeting commenced at 6:35 p.m.


1)       Approval of the agenda

Motion to approve the agenda by Matt, seconded by Mark, unanimously approved.

2)       Excuse absences, if any

None. All board members present.

3)       Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda

A few property owners present to hear remarks from guest speaker.

4)       ACC Report

Report by Matt.  Approved wall installation on Scottswood backing up to Hwy 105.

5)       Terrance Stokka of the Friends of the Black Forest Preservation Plan: To discuss their plans with regard to protecting Dawson aquifer water, arriving about 7:00pm

Background information on aquifers given by Matt Dunston.  Then Terry Stokka spoke on the topic of the Cherokee Water District’s plans and the impact on the Black Forest area.  He answered various questions from the board members and residents.  Board will differ discussion of possible contribution to FBFPP until after February BTPOA Budget Meeting.

6)       Committee Reports, if any

a)     Beautification, Trails & Roads:  Paul Baker, Chair

Paul reviewed his written monthly report including transition meeting with Deb Guillan, meeting with contracted groundskeeper, day and night visits to various monuments, review of trails, and research into possible solar lighting for monuments.

b)     Communications, Directory & Web Site:  Greg Davis, Chair

Report by Greg.  Motion to approve $200 cost to add renters information to BTPOA website by Matt, seconded by Mark, unanimously approved.

c)      Covenant Compliance:  Mark Weidner, Chair

Report by Mark.  Issues continue to be resolved by personal contact.  One letter going out to a property owner concerning a longer term problem.

d)     Engineering & Water Augmentation:  Matt Dunston, Chair

Report by Matt.  Water use cards coming in with good progress.  Water use report due the end of November.

e)      Forest Management:  Mark Weidner, Chair

No comments.

f)       Neighborhood Watch: BOD Liaison Paul Baker – Herb Wetzel, Chair

Report by Paul. Progress on replacing Neighborhood Watch signs and leaning signs.

g)     Welcoming:  BOD Liaison Greg Davis – Chuck Loeffler, Chair

Written report from Chuck detailing new resident visits.

7)       Review/approve prior board meeting minutes, if available

Motion to approve minutes from October board meeting by Matt, seconded by Greg, unanimously approved.

8)       Treasurer’s Report

a)     Current Financial Report

Financial update distributed by Matt.

b)     Review/approve reimbursements and other bills, if any

Motion to approve financial update and pay outstanding bills by Mark, seconded by Paul, unanimously approved.

9)       Future Meeting Schedule:

a)     Regular board meetings (3rd TUESDAY, 6:30 pm, Monument Sanitation District): Nov 15th, Dec 20th, Jan 16th, Feb 14th, Mar 20th, April 17th, May 15th, June 19th

Note date changes: Board meetings Dec 20th, Jan 17th, Feb 14th (before annual budget meeting), Mar 21st, Apr 18th, May 16th, Jun 20th.

b)     Annual Budget meeting – Thursday, February 16, 2017 at the Woodmoor Barn.

BTPOA Annual Budget Meeting to be Thursday February 16th.  Announcements to be sent out to all BTPOA members.

10)    Review to make sure annual dues billing is sent out by 12/10/16

Working with Marla to send out dues billing.  Using email notices as much as possible to save on office and USPS costs.

11)    Any other business


12)    Summary of action items

Matt to do write-up on Cherokee Water District’s plans and Friends of the Black Forest Preservation Plan attempt to look at long term solutions and fund raising.  This write-up to be eventually distributed to all BTPOA members via email after board review.

13)    Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 p.m. by Greg.



Minutes prepared by Chris Mettes November 18, 2016.