Bent Tree Property Owners' Association
Board of Directors' Meeting Minutes
TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2013
Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument
Meeting called to order by John Heiser at 6:08 pm
Board members: Matt Dunston, Duane Fitch, John Heiser, Wayne Claybaugh. Other attendees: Jane King, Leslie Velez
1) Approval of the agenda - motion by Matt Dunston to approve agenda, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
2) Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda - none
3) Excuse absences, if any - motion made by Matt Dunston to excuse Patrick Quinlan, seconded by
Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
4) Review/approve May 14,2013 board meeting minutes, if available. - N/A
5) ACC Report, if any - N! A
6) Executive Session: - conducted executive session while handling items in 7c.
a) Review/approve letters to property owners (1) •
b) Hearings (0)
c) Advice from/guidance to attorney, if any
7) Committee Reports, if any
a) Beautification, Trails & Roads: BOD Liaison Matt Dunston - Leslie Velez, Chair - Leslie Velez got a bid on all six entries (not Scottswood) and the bid was $8,600 for 12 entry beds. Matt Dunston gave Leslie contact information for two more contractors so additional bids could be received.
b) Communications, Directory & Web Site: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh - Steve Fuhrmann, Chair - No update
c) Covenant Compliance: BOD Liaison Duane Fitch - Jane King and Jim Maser, Co-Chairsmotion made at 7:38 pm by Wayne Claybaugh to go in to executive session, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor. Discussed pending legal issue and John Heiser made motion to for lien in amount of fines and legal fees which was seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor. Motion made by Duane Fitch to come out of executive session at 7:50 pm, seconded by Matt Dunston, all in favor. Discussed broadcast email that went out to homeowners on dogs in Bent Tree and feedback received from one homeowner.
d) Engineering & Water Augmentation: BOD Liaison John Heiser - Bob Hostetler, ChairBob Hostetler is staying on top ofthings and getting letters out on any issues.
e) Forest Management/Wildfire Mitigation: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh - Bo Jordan and Mike Weidner, Co-Chairs - merged Forest Management and Wildfire Mitigation into one committee. Invoice from State for tree inspection in BT has been paid. Wayne Claybaugh went over information Bent Tree received from Woodmoor and discussed Bent Tree utilizing Herb Wetzel's business to create, print and distribute information to Bent Tree residents. Cost for mailing $250 estimated at $1,052 and for mailing 400 estimated at $1,275.
Wood moor gave Bent Tree permission to copy and use information. The committee cochairs are working with Woodmoor and to get Bent Tree document created.
f) Neighborhood Watch: BOD Liaison Duane Fitch - Herb Wetzel, Chair - No update
g) Welcoming: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh - RaeJean Claybaugh, Chair - idea presented by Wayne Claybaugh to give new homeowners a fire extinguisher in addition to the bird house currently given. The idea is to raise awareness and it was discussed that 80% of fires in the house start in the kitchen and those fires can turn in to forest fires. Motion made by
John Heiser to approve including a fire extinguisher in the welcome packet process, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
8) Treasurer's Report
1) 2013 Financial Report - Motion made by John Heiser to increase Forestry budget by $1,500, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
2) Status of 2011/2012/2013 assessment payments
3) Review/approve Mandi Roehrich invoice - motion made by Matt Dunston to approve invoice from Mandi Roehrich, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.
4) Review/approve Anderson, Dude, and Lebel invoice, if any - Motion made by Wayne Claybaugh, seconded by Matt Dunston for charges to Bent Tree attorney, Mr. Lebel for up to $1,500.
5) Review/approve reimbursements and other bills, if any -Motion made by Duane Fitch, seconded by Matt Dunston for invoice paid to State for tree inspection and for payment to John Anderson for Forestry Committee mailings.
9) Future Meeting Schedule:
4) Annual Meeting: Sept. 19, 6:30 pm, YMCA
5) Regular board meetings (2od TUESDAY, 6 pm, Monument Sanitation District): July 9, Aug. 13, Sep. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12, Dec. 10.
a) Any other business - Past issue with homeowner dealing with balance due has resulted in payment made and recovery of money owed.
b) Summary of action items
c) Adjournment - Motion made by Matt Dunston to adjourn at 8: 15 pm, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
Minutes submitted by Jane King, July 7, 2013
Minutes approved by Board of Directors