Property Owners Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2012
Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument
Commence Meeting at 6 p.m.
Meeting called to order at 6:08 pm by John Heiser
Board Members Present were John Heiser, Duane Fitch, Matt Dunston and Jane King
1) Approval of the agenda motion made by Jane King to approve agenda, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.
2) Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda - None
3) Excuse absences, if any motion made by Jane King to excuse Wayne Claybaugh, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.
4) Review/approve March 14, 2012 board meeting minutes motion made by Jane King to approve agenda with addition of action item regarding work by Ignacio Martinez, seconded by Matt Dunston, all in favor, with Duane Fitch abstaining due to the fact that he was not present at the March 14, 2012 meeting.
5) ACC Report, if any Duane Fitch and Jane King gave an update of the meeting held between the ACC and CCC. Updated Board on procedure document put together by the ACC.
6) Review/approve hearing summary letters (0)
7) Executive Session:
a) Hearings (0)
b) Advice from/guidance to attorney, if any
8) Committee Reports, if any
a) Beautification, Trails & Roads: BOD Liaison, Matt Dunston Leslie Velez, Chair Matt Dunston met with Ignacio Martinez and he committed to Matt that he would do the work at the Scottswood and Highway 105 entry in the next month. Matt was reminded that he needs to get a signed agreement with Mr. Martinez and also reminded Matt that he needs to make sure he keeps Leslie Velez informed about this as she is the Chair for this committee.
b) Communications, Directory & Web Site: BOD Liaison, Wayne Claybaugh Steve Fuhrmann, Chair The access database work was turned back over to Steve Fuhrmann and it appears that the database is updated and accurate.
c) Covenant Compliance: Liaison, Jane King Jane King, Chair reviewed two letters as well as a homeowner wide communication and once suggested modifications are made, these will be sent out.
d) Engineering & Water Augmentation: BOD Liaison John Heiser Bob Hostetler, Chair the letters to all homeowner on water usage went out. Bob is still working on The Great Divide water issue.
e) Forest Management: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh John Anderson, Chair the cards to all homeowners were sent out and John Anderson will proceed with the inspection.
f) Neighborhood Watch: BOD Liaison Duane Fitch Herb Wetzel, Chair no update
g) Welcoming: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh RaeJean Claybaugh, Chair no update
9) Treasurers Report
a) Balance Sheet/2012 Budget John Heiser passed out updated financial information for review.
b) Status of 2011/2012 assessment payments Unchanged from last meeting and Matt still has action item to contact owners with past due balances.
c) Review/approve Accountable Bookkeeping Services invoice motion made by Duane Fitch to approve, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
d) Review/approve Anderson, Dude, and Lebel invoice, if any - none
e) Review/approve reimbursements and other bills, if any motion made by Matt Dunston to reimburse Bob Hostetler for expenses related to the Engineering & Water Augmentation Committee, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.
10) Documentation Regarding Membership Meeting Proxies John Heiser reviewed proxy issues that came up at last meeting (February, 2012 Budget meeting) and indicated that he was going to modify the communication included on proxies so that the necessary steps were clearer relating to signature requirements.
11) Future Meeting Schedule:
a) Annual meeting: Sept. 13, 6:30 pm, YMCA
b) Regular board meetings (2nd Wednesday, 6 pm, Monument Sanitation District): May 9, Jun. 13, Jul. 11, Aug. 15, Sep. 12, Oct. 10, Nov. 14, Dec. 12
12) Any other business
13) Summary of action items submitted to Board members in separate document.
14) Adjournment Duane Fitch made motion to adjourn at 7:30 pm, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
Submitted by Jane King, Secretary April 15, 2012
Approved by Board May 9, 2012