Property Owners Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
December 13, 2011
Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument
Commence Meeting at 6 p.m.
Board Members present were John Heiser, Jane King, Wayne Claybaugh and Matt Dunston. Duane Fitch attended last part of meeting.
John Heiser called meeting to order at 6:05 pm
1) Approval of the agenda motion made by Jane King to approve agenda, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
2) Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda - None
3) Excuse absences, if any motion made by Wayne Claybaugh to excuse Duane Fitch for first part of meeting, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
4) Review/approve November 8, 2011 and November 15, 2011 meeting minutes motion made by Wayne Claybaugh to approve November 8, 2011 minutes with change to numbering, seconded by John Heiser, all in favor. Motion made by Wayne Claybaugh to approve November 15, 2011 minutes contingent on addendum that John Heiser is putting together, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
5) ACC Report, if any no report from ACC, but had discussion on meeting with ACC to discuss guidelines and processes between the ACC and CCC committees. Duane Fitch and Jane King will attend the next ACC meeting.
6) Review/approve hearing summary letters (0)
7) Executive Session:
a) Hearings (0)
b) Advice from attorney, if any
8) Committee Reports, if any
a) Beautification, Trails & Roads: BOD Liaison, Matt Dunston Leslie Velez, Chair Matt Dunston has gathered information on addressing issues at Scottswood Drive and Highway 105 Bent Tree entrance specifically large parking lot area. Ideas include putting large rocks to ensure stoppage of parking in that area.
b) Communications, Directory & Web Site: BOD Liaison, Wayne Claybaugh Steve Fuhrmann, Chair Wayne Claybaugh is updating list for Google Docs. Elena M. has contacted Steve F. and she is going to be helping out with things again.
c) Covenant Compliance: Liaison, Jane King Jane King, Chair Wayne Claybaugh made motion to have Mr. Lebel prepare letter to homeowner with long running outstanding fees, seconded by Jane King, three Board members voted in favor, one voted against.
d) Engineering & Water Augmentation: BOD Liaison John Heiser Bob Hostetler, Chair Bob H. could not attend meeting but provided Board with details on issues relating to this committee via email. The drainage work is done. Motion made by Duane Fitch to pay Jerry Lopez for his work on the drainage issue, seconded by Jane King, all in favor. Payment is for $500.
e) Forest Management: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh John Anderson, Chair John A. could not attend meeting but communicated to Wayne C. that he is gearing up for forestry business which will take place in the Spring, 2012.
f) Neighborhood Watch & Welcoming: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh RaeJean Claybaugh, Chair Wayne Claybaugh indicated there is one new homeowner on Colonial Park and they will be providing welcome packet.
9) Treasurers Report
a) Balance Sheet/2011 Budget John Heiser passed out updated copies of financial information.
b) Status of 2011 assessment payments
c) Review/approve Accountable Bookkeeping Services invoice motion made and seconded with all in favor to pay invoice.
d) Review/approve Anderson, Dude, and Lebel invoice, if any none
e) Review/approve reimbursements and other bills, if any motion made and seconded with all in favor to pay NEPCO invoice. Motion made and seconded with all in favor to pay Blue Channel invoice. Motion made and seconded with all in favor to pay Rocket Genius invoice.
10) Discuss 2012 Budget this item was tabled until the January, 2012 Board meeting.
11) Future Meeting Schedule:
a) Budget meeting: Feb. 16, 6:30 pm, YMCA
b) Regular board meetings (2nd Tuesday, 6 pm, Monument Sanitation District): Jan. 10, Feb. 14, Mar. 13, Apr. 10, May 8, Jun. 12, Jul. 10, Aug. 14, Sep. 11, Oct. 9
12) Any other business motion made and seconded and all in favor to approve Rules and Regulations Version 9 as revised. This was a follow up approval to previous email approval.
13) Summary of action items
a) John Heiser to type up addendum for attachment to November 15, 2011 minutes relating to feedback received by Board on Rules & Regulations proposed changes.
b) Matt Dunston to get at least two bids on work at Scottswood Drive and Highway 105 entrance related to putting up some type of barrier that would prohibit parking in that area.
c) Matt Dunston to contact Leslie Velez and give her an update on Scottswood Drive and Highway 105 since she is the Beautification, Trails and Roads Committee Chair.
d) Jane King will address numbering issue on 11/8/11 Board meeting minutes and then send to Steve Fuhrmann for posting to the web page.
e) Wayne Claybaugh will contact Steve Fuhrmann on annual BTPOA invoices and will get those sent out.
f) John Heiser will contact Mr. Lebel on long running CCC issue.
g) Matt Dunston will contact various homeowners on pending CCC issues to try and get resolution. (At this time there are two homeowners that Matt has action items to contact). The deadline for completing this action is 1/1/2012.
h) Duane Fitch and Jane King will attend ACC meeting on 1/4/12 to discuss processes between ACC & CCC committees.
14) Adjournment motion made by Duane Fitch to adjourn at 8:30 pm, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
Submitted by Jane King, Secretary December 20, 2011
Approved by Board January 10, 2012