Property Owners Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2011
Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument
Executive Session at the end to discuss legal matters
Commence Regular Session at 6 p.m.
1) Approval of the agenda Wayne Claybaugh made motion to approve, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
2) Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda - None
3) Excuse absences, if any Motion made to excuse Mike M. motion made by Jane King, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor. Motion made by Jane King to excuse Duane Fitch, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
4) Review/approve April 12, 2010 and February 15, 2011 board meeting minutes, if available John Heiser submitted 4/12/2010 minutes, Wayne Claybaugh moved to approve these, seconded by Jane King, all in favor. Jane King still has action item to type up and submit 2/15/2011 minutes.
5) ACC Report, if any - None
6) Review/approve hearing summary letters (1) Board approved hearing summary letter on parking issue with homeowner who has submitted plans and gotten approval from the ACC. Time frame of implementing approved plans is after ballot results are announced.
7) Hearings (0) and plans for hearings
8) Committee Reports, if any
a) Beautification, Trails & Roads: BOD Liaison Duane Fitch John Stahl, Chair
b) Communications, Directory & Web Site: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh Steve Fuhrmann, Chair John Heiser made some changes to web site.
c) Covenant Compliance: Liaison Jane King TBD, Chair no update, only that Mark Wester will head up a CCC meeting on 3/21/2011 and the Board worked on R&R changes to document process for CCC participation. John Heiser has action item to finalize R&R related to CCC discussion and decisions.
d) Engineering & Water Augmentation: BOD Liaison John Heiser Jerry Lopez, Chair spring water detention ponds survey coming up and Jerry is working on preparing packet. Jerry will talk with Bob H. about working with him on this and continue the discussion of Bob H. taking over this committee.
e) Forest Management: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh - Larry Stevens, Chair need inspection forms out on trees.
f) Neighborhood Watch & Welcoming: BOD Liaison Wayne Claybaugh Wayne Claybaugh, Chair Wayne C. is working on access database.
9) Treasurers Report
a) Balance Sheet/2011 Budget John Heiser passed out updated BS.
b) Status of 2011 assessment payments John passed out updated assessment payment list.
c) Review/approve Accountable Bookkeeping Services invoice Motion from Wayne Claybaugh to approve, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
d) Review/approve Anderson, Dude, and Lebel invoice, if any motion from Wayne Claybaugh to approve, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
e) Review/approve payment to Duane Fitch for food for 2/17/2011 meeting Wayne Claybaugh moved to approve, John Heiser seconded, all in favor.
f) Review/approve payment to John Heiser for ballot mailing printing costs Wayne Claybaugh moved to approve, Jane King seconded, all in favor.
g) Review/approve payment for tax return preparation Jane King moved to approve, Wayne Claybaugh seconded, all in favor.
10) Status of updates to the Rules and Regulations
a) Verbiage change suggested by attorney change shall to may, will or might topic is still open and John Heiser is still reviewing.
b) Rule regarding holding hearings in executive session Board voted to hold all hearings in Executive Session. Wayne Claybaugh made motion, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
c) Rule regarding hearing board members as independent investigators John Heiser to draft statement.
d) Changes to comply with the latest state laws
e) Steve F. addressed R&R see about adding Appendix to R&R for ACC information. After meeting discussion with attorney led to idea of having all topics in R&R be a link so that any information on any topic (whether CCC, ACC, etc.) could be found in one location to make homeowner searches more convenient.
Annual meeting: Sept. 15?, 6:30 pm, YMCA?
Board meetings (2nd Tuesday, 6 pm): April 12, May 10, June 14, July 12, August 9, September 13, October 11, November 8, December 13
12) Any other business
13) Summary of action items
a) Jane King to type up and submit 2/15/2011 Board meeting minutes.
b) John Heiser to work on R&R changes regarding CCC participation and Boards role.
c) Wayne Claybaugh will follow up with John Anderson on inspection forms for forest management.
d) John Heiser will change Forest Management chair to John Anderson on upcoming agendas.
e) John Heiser will send letterhead information to Emily V.
f) Duane Fitch and Jane King will coordinate with Emily V. and set up March, 2011 CCC Tour.
g) John Heiser will draft information for agenda items 10a & 10c.
h) John Heiser will draft R&R information related to CCC and Board process and requirements.
14) Executive session on legal matters motion made by Wayne Claybaugh to move in to Executive Session at 8:03 pm, seconded by Jane King, all in favor.
Motion made by Jane King at 8:40 pm to move back in to Open Session, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.
15) Adjournment meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm.
Minutes Submitted by Jane King, Secretary March 21, 2011
Approved by Board April 12, 2011