Property Owners’ Association

Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes

February 15, 2011

Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument

Executive Session at 5:30 p.m. to discuss contractual and legal matters.

Commence Regular Session at 6 p.m.

Call to Order at 5:31 with motion by Duane Fitch to move to executive session, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.  Motion made by Duane Fitch at 6 pm to move to Open Session, seconded by Wayne Claybaugh, all in favor.


1)        Approval of the agenda – motion by Wayne Claybaugh to approve agenda, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.

2)        Action on items from the Executive Session – Approved contract with Emily V. for CCC, approved termination letter to RO

3)        Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda - None

4)        Excuse absences, if any – Wayne Claybaugh moved to excuse Mike M., seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.

5)        Review/approve April 12, 2010 and January 19, 2011 board meeting minutes, if available – Wayne Claybaugh moved to approve January 19, 2011 minutes, seconded by John Heiser, all in favor.   John Heiser still has action item to put April 12, 2010 minutes together.

6)        ACC Report, if any – ACC is meeting first Wednesday of every month at Village Inn in Monument.   The ACC approved to plans – one for screening cars and one for tree removal.  Want to get online (Google Docs) record keeping in place for ACC.  May have to scan paper documents to get records online. 

7)        Review/approve hearing summary letters (0)

8)        Hearings (1 parking) and plans for hearings – Homeowner with hearing on parking has submitted plan to ACC (see #6) and plan was approved.   Pending ballot outcome the homeowner will have 30 days from time ballot results are announced to implement plan if parking change is not approved.

9)        Committee Reports, if any

a)      Beautification, Trails & Roads:  BOD Liaison – Duane Fitch – John Stahl, Chair, Matt Dunston will contact John Stahl and work on this committee along with Howard Schmitz.

b)      Communications, Directory & Web Site:  BOD Liaison – Wayne Claybaugh – Steve Fuhrmann, Chair – working on access database.

c)      Covenant Compliance:  Liaison - Duane Fitch – Open, Chair

d)      Engineering & Water Augmentation:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser – Jerry Lopez, Chair – Jerry needs 5 minutes at 2/17/11 meeting and will have 1 handout; talk about progress of filing.  Jerry is going to talk with Bob H. about taking over this committee work.

e)      Forest Management:  BOD Liaison – Wayne Claybaugh – John Anderson, Chair

f)       Neighborhood Watch & Welcoming:  BOD Liaison – Wayne Claybaugh – Wayne Claybaugh, Chair

10)    Treasurer’s Report

a)      Balance Sheet/2011 Budget – Reviewed information presented by John Heiser.

b)      Status of 2011 assessment payments – Reviewed information presented by John Heiser.

c)      Review/approve Red Oak Associates’ invoice – Wayne Claybaugh moved to approve, seconded by Duane Fitch with disputed hours and tracking of hours, all in favor.

d)      Review/approve Anderson, Dude, and Lebel invoice – Wayne Claybaugh moved to approve, seconded by Duane Fitch, all in favor.

11)    Status of updates to the Rules and Regulations

a)      Verbiage change suggested by attorney

b)      Rule regarding holding hearings in executive session

c)      Changes to comply with the latest state laws


12)    Preparations for Feb. 17 meeting

a)      Agenda

b)      Materials

c)      Refreshments – Duane Fitch will order, pick up and bring refreshments to 2/17/11 meeting.

d)      Ballot planning

13)    Future Meeting Schedule:
Budget meeting: Feb. 17, 6:30 pm, Woodmoor Barn
Board meetings (2nd Tuesday, 6 pm): March 15, April 12, May 10, June 14, July 12, August 9, September 13, October 11, November 8, December 13

14)    Any other business

15)    Summary of action items

a)      John Heiser to create April 12, 2010 minutes.

b)      Jane King to change 1/19/2011 minutes and change from Draft to Final and submit to Steve F. for posting on the web page.

c)      Jane King will email Matt Dunston names of those who signed up in September, 2010 for Beautification Committee.

d)      Duane Fitch and Jane King to get set up meeting with Emily V. on CCC processes and moving forward with CCC.

e)      Duane Fitch to get refreshments ordered, picked up and brought to 2/17/11 meeting.

f)       Item 11 (status of R&R) – John Heiser still has action item to work on this.



16)    Adjournment


Minutes Submitted by Jane King, Secretary                                               March 21, 2011


Approved by Board                                                                                   April 12, 2011