Bent Tree Property Owners’ Association
Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2008
Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument
Commence Meeting at 7:00PM with determination of quorum
Meeting commenced at 7:05pm. Mike, Duane, David and John were present
1) Reconvene BOD meeting from November 13 Annual Meeting.
2) Approval of the agenda.
John made a motion to approve the agenda, Mike seconded, all approved.
3) Election of officers. Duane needs a break and will not be seeking reelection to President. The new President will conduct the rest of the meeting.
David moved that we appoint John President, Duane VP, Chris Treasurer and David Secretary. Mike seconded, all approved.
4) Review and approval of Previous Board of Directors Meeting Draft Minutes
The Meeting minutes from October 13th were read and Mike motioned that they be approved. Duane seconded, all approved.
5) Rules & Regulations Revisions
John moved that we amend the Rules and Regulations to include a $500 assessed fine for failure to report water usage in accordance with the requirements of the water augmentation committee. Mike seconded John’s motion. Duane amended the motion to include an escalation of an additional $500 dollars every 90 days after the due date that has been established by the water committee. David seconded Duanes amendment. All approved the amendment. All approved the motion.
6) Covenant compliance hearings.
3 hearings were held. Letters will be sent to the respective property owners.
7) ACC Report: Patrice Stevens Or Mark
Due to inclement weather, the ACC meeting was postponed.
8) Treasurer’s Report: Chris Patterson
a) Preparation for Budget meeting in Feb 2009
b) Approve Jeanne’s bill
Due to illness, Treasurer’s report was postponed.
9) Committee Reports
a) BEAUTIFICATION, TRAILS AND ROADS: BOD Liaison – Duane Fitch – John Stahl CC and Al Thaut
i. Lights for entrances Color discs for Xmas? Neighbors run low voltage light to the entrances?
ii. Lights for Xmas. Maybe we could get neighbors to run out an extension cord.
b) BTPOA COMMUNICATIONS, DIRECTORY and WEBMASTER: BOD Liaison - David Nix – Steve Fuhrmann CC
i. Web site
ii. Email issues
c) COVENANT COMPLIANCE: Liaison - Duane Fitch – Bill Owens CC
d) COVENANT REWRITE: BOD Liaison and CC - Mike Mastrodonato
i. Recruiting effort for representative from all Filings
3. Board calling special people. Steve Furhmann, Bob Hostetler, etc.
ii. Master schedule of events
iii. By Laws rewrite
1. Communication events
2. Legal review
Mike will prepare a standard proxy form to be used for future membership meetings. The form and its use will be included in the Rules and Regulations.
e) ENGINEERING and WATER AUGMENTATION: BOD Liaison – John Heiser – CONTACT _Con-3FDDB4D2B5D \c \s \l Jerry Lopez CC
Jerry has reported that 6 lots have over 2000 square feet of irrigation, but have not returned meter readings. In addition, 2 lots have never returned, in 4 years, any water usage or landscaping square footage. Also, we have 16 lots that have over irrigated. As a result, all lots in violation will be contacted.
f) FOREST MANAGEMENT: BOD Liaison – David Nix - Larry Stevens CC
i. Set date for inspection
ii. Hanger production
iii. Email notification
g) NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH and WELCOMING: BOD Liaison - Chris Patterson – K. Wayne Claybaugh CC
10) Future Board Meeting schedule Set 2009 dates for all meetings. Chris do we have the barn for Feb Budget meeting? Jan 12, Feb 9, Budget Feb 12th, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 11, Jun 8, Jul 13, Aug 10, Sep 14, annual meeting Sep 17th, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14. We need to publish the master schedule for the rewrite also.
John moved that we approve the afforementioned dates. Mike seconded, all approved.
11) Any other business - Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda
12) Summary of action items
John moved to adjourn at 9:37pm. Mike seconded, all approved.