Bent Tree Property Owners’ Association

Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes

October 13, 2008

Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument


Commence Meeting at 7:00PM with determination of quorum


Meeting commenced at 7:00pm with Chris, Duane, John, David, Mike and John Stahl present


1)        Review and approval of Previous Board of Directors Meeting Draft Minutes

John moved too approve the prior meeting minutes, Chris seconded, all approved.

2)        Hearing (none).

3)        ACC Report:  Patrice Stevens Or Mark

No report this week.

4)        Treasurer’s Report: Chris Patterson

We still have two properties with outstanding HOA dues.

$150 fine payment from lot 120 is still oustanding.

a)       Preparation for Budget meeting in Feb 2009

John and Chris will meet to discuss what needs to happen for the budget meeting.

b)       Reviewed  Jeanne’s bill

c)       Reviewed Progress Report from Landscaper Ryan Patterson.  Handed over to John Stall.

5)        Annual meeting rescheduling effort

We plan to continue the annual meeting on November 13th at 6:30 pm.  Major topic would be the rewrite of the Filing I and II covenants, which is due in 2010.

David moved to approve the purchase of refreshments, John seconded, all approved.

Door prizes will be presented.  David to investigate this.

6)        Committee Reports

a)      BEAUTIFICATION AND TRAILS:  BOD Liaison – Larry Stevens  – John Stahl CC

                                                   i.      Lights

                                                  ii.      Removal of orbs

Duane moved that we authorize up to $6500 for trail upgrades on Higby between Colonial Parkway entrances.  John seconded, all approved.


b)      BTPOA COMMUNICATIONS:  BOD Liaison – David Nix

c)      COVENANT COMPLIANCE:  Liaison - Duane Fitch – Bill Owens CC

                                                   i.      Need to update the Web Site naming Bill as CCC

d)      COVENANT REWRITE:  BOD Liaison and CC - Mike Mastrodonato

                                                   i.      Recruiting effort for representative from Filing 1 and Filing 2. 

e)      DIRECTORY AND WEBMASTER:  Liaison - David Nix – Steve Fuhrmann CC

                                                   i.      Do we publish the Directory

f)       ENGINEERING:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser –  CONTACT _Con-3FDDB4D2B5D \c \s \l Jerry Lopez CC

g)      FOREST MANAGEMENT:  BOD Liaison –Larry Stevens - ? CC

h)      NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH:  BOD Liaison - Chris Patterson

i)        ROADS BOD Liaison -      - Al  CONTACT _Con-3FDDB4D2C43 \c \s \l Thaut Al CC

j)        WATER AUGMENTATION:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser  - Jerry Lopez CC

                                                   i.      Excel help (There have been volunteers)

                                                  ii.      Meter readings

k)      WELCOMING:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser - Wayne Claybaugh CC

7)        Future Board Meeting schedule   November 10th 

8)        Any other business - Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda

9)        Summary of action items

John moved to adjourn at 9:00pm, Chris seconded, all approved.