Bent Tree Property Owners’ Association

Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes

August 11, 2008

Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument


Commence Meeting at 7:00PM with determination of quorum


Meeting commenced at 7:07pm with Larry, Chris, Duane, John and David all present

Patrice and Mark present for ACC meeting


1)        Review and approval of Previous Board of Directors Meeting Draft Minutes

Larry made a motion to approve June 9 meeting minutes, Chris seconded, all approved.

David made a motion to approve July 14 meeting, minutes, John seconded, all approved.

2)        Hearing(s).  – No hearings today.

a)      Reading of the violation.

b)      Hearing from the property owner or representative.

c)      Board questions and answer period.

d)      BOD to executive session.

e)      BOD return to open session

f)       Reading of the BOD’s decision.

3)        ACC Report:  Patrice Stevens

See Bent Tree website for details.

4)        Treasurer’s Report: Chris Patterson

Chris has been working with our legal firm regarding delinquent dues.

Chris is still researching CD rates.

No payment from lot 120 regarding fines for fireworks.

John made a motion to approve invoice for $1060 from Ryan Patterson for beautification of entrances.  Larry seconded, all approved, Chris abstained.

David made a motion to approve Red Oak invoice for $500.  Larry seconded, all approved.

5)        Committee Reports

a)      BEAUTIFICATION AND TRAILS:  BOD Liaison – Larry Stevens  – John Stahl CC

Many positive comments have been received regarding the beautification of entrances.

b)      COVENANT COMPLIANCE:  BOD Liaison - Duane Fitch

c)      DIRECTORY AND WEBMASTER:  BOD Liaison - David Nix – Steve Fuhrmann CC

David Nix to research setting up Mailing Lists and incoming mail boxes for Board of Directors and Architectural Control Committee.


d)      ENGINEERING:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser – Jerry Lopez CC

e)      FOREST MANAGEMENT:  BOD Liaison –Larry Stevens - John Anderson CC

Larry will talk about Forest Management at the annual meeting.

f)       NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH:  BOD Liaison - Chris Patterson

g)      BTPOA COMMUNICATIONS:  BOD Liaison – David Nix

h)      WATER AUGMENTATION:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser  - Jerry Lopez CC

i)        WELCOMING:  BOD Liaison – John Heiser - Wayne Claybaugh CC

j)        ROADS BOD Liaison -      - Al Thaut CC

6)        Future Board Meeting schedule   Sept  8th

Sept 10th is the annual meeting.  John will send Duane an old agenda.  Duane will provide agend to Steve F.  Patrice also has an ACC letter to include in the mailing.

7)        Any other business

Duane moved that John purchase 10 signs for use with the annual meeting.  David seconded, all approved.

8)        Resident remarks, if any, on topics not on the agenda


9)        Summary of action items

At 9:20pm Chris moved that we go into Executive Session, David seconded, all approved. 

Duane moved that we Returned from executive session, Chris seconded, all approved. Returned from executive session at  9:40.


David moved that we adjourn, Larry seconded, all approved.  Adjourned at 9:41.