Bent Tree Property Owners’ Association
Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes
December 10, 2007
Monument Sanitation District Office, 130 2nd St., Monument
Attendees: Board Members: Duane Fitch, John Heiser, and Chris Patterson
Others: Steve Fuhrmann, Brad Gann, Pam Piper, and Jeanne Thomas
Meeting was called to order at 7:13 PM with Duane Fitch presiding.
1) Duane informed the board of Tom Hilfers resignation from the Bent Tree Board of Director’s but added he would continue his membership on the ACC for the near future.
2) Nov 12, 2007 minutes were approved by the board. Agenda was approved and Chris Patterson was appointed as temporary Secretary.
3) Hearings. One hearing involved the continued occurrence of an exposed trash container. Jeanne Thomas brought forth both picture evidence and copies of the letters of violation issued to the owners of Lot 238, Jay and Pam Piper. The board found four occurrences to be validated and imposed a $200 fine ($50 for each event) with 90% waived on the condition that the problem would not recur. The $20 fine was paid on the spot.
As a follow on to the hearing Brad Gann came forth and wanted to discuss the parking
Convent as it applied to his property and his situation. John Heiser explained the purpose of
the covenant and that the board had “expanded” the definition of the parking covenant in the
broadest terms possible in the Rule and Regulations. He concluded by stating that while Mr
Gann was welcome to begin an effort to change the covenant it would be a difficult effort.
4) ACC Report: No Report.
5) Treasurer’s Report: All transfer documents moving the accounts over to Chris Patterson from Debbi Maser have been completed. The Red Oak invoice for November of $600.00 was approved and will be paid. A check was issued for the use of the Monument Sanitation District Office for $15.00. Finally, a check was issued to John Heiser for $3.96 for postage.
6) Committee Reports:
a) Beautification and Trails: John Stahl reported via email that he had contacted three companies to obtain quotes for work on the entrances next summer. He hoped to have the quotes by the end of the week. He was still not having much luck finding anyone will to pick up the maintenance portion but will continue to search.
b) Covenant Compliance: No report.
c) Directory and Webmaster: Steve Fuhrmann will be using the information returned
with the Annual Dues letters to update web and directory..
d) Engineering Report: No Report
e) Forest Management: No Report
f) Neighborhood Watch: Chris Patterson reported that he would continue to monitor
to ensure the neighborhood sex offender “re-registers” with the El Paso County Sheriff’s
Office upon his return to the community.
g) BTPOA Communication: No report.
h) Water Augmentation: No Report
i) Welcoming: No report.
7) Duane then opened up the floor for discussion of the upcoming renewal of the BTOPA’s contract with Red Oaks. Duane stated that he would speak to Jeanne and draft an recommended proposal for a new contract for board members to review prior to the next meeting.
8) Future Board Meeting: 14 January 2008
9) Any other business: The board members stuffed envelopes with the 2008 dues notice. All was completed and ready for mailing the next morning.
10) Resident Remarks: None
11) Summary of Action Items: None
Meeting adjourned at 8:52 PM
Minutes prepared by Chris Patterson, BTPOA Board Member, 01/13/08
Minutes approved at BTPOA BOD Meeting 01/14/08