Bent Tree Property Owners Association (BTPOA)
Board of Director’s Meeting Minutes
Sunday, Sept. 16, 2005 following the Annual Meeting
1. Attendees: Directors: Gail Bates, Kathy Decker, John Heiser, Tim McLaughlin, and Lisa Stahl. Other attendees: Bruce Bates.
2. Minutes of July 10 board meeting: Tim moved; Kathy seconded; minutes were unanimously approved as distributed.
3. Action Items from the July 10 board meeting:
a) John Heiser
1) Check with the Woodmoor Improvement Association and property management companies regarding managing Bent Tree and attendant costs. WIA not interested. Other research in progress.
2) Talk with Claude Todaro regarding the Gossett situation. Pending.
3) Contact Jerry Lopez regarding inspection of the drainage structures. Pending.
4) Prepare an article on SB05-100 for the next Bent Tree Log. Done.
5) Prepare proposed changes to the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations for compliance with SB05-100. Will form committee to do this.
6) Finalize the Agenda, Meeting Notice, and other materials for the Annual Meeting. Done.
b) Jerry Wagner
1) Get out the July/August issue of the Bent Tree Log. Done.
c) Kathy Decker
1) Secure location for the Annual Meeting – the “Woodmoor Barn” was suggested. Done.
2) Refreshments for the Annual Meeting. Done.
d) Tim McLaughlin
1) Research covenants as to who pays attorney fees for preparation of covenant enforcement letters. Done. Need attorney’s opinion.
2) Contact property owners regarding removal of split rail fences on Highway 105 and Roller Coaster Road. Done.
e) Gail Bates
1) Obtain door prizes for the Annual Meeting. Total cost not to exceed $250. Done.
f) Bruce Bates
1) Write letter to Lot 22 owner regarding obtaining approval for the fence. Matter resolved.
2) Prepare ACC Rules and Regulations for inclusion in the BTPOA Rules and Regulations document. Pending.
3) Obtain plat maps of the five Bent Tree filings. Deferred until needed.
4. Election of Officers. The following slate of officers was unanimously elected: President – John Heiser, Treasurer – Kathy Decker, Secretary – Lisa Stahl. Due to an oversight, the position of Vice President position was not filled.
5. Committee Status: No issues reported.
6. Plans for publication of Bent Tree Log and Family Directory: Directory – The goal is to publish the directory in the next month or so. Sally Lopez and Steve Fuhrmann are working on it. Log – John took an action item to see if Jerry will continue as editor. If not, a volunteer will be needed.
7. Management Company Research: John agreed at the annual meeting to gather additional information to be reviewed by the membership at the February Budget Meeting.
8. Revisions to comply with SB 05-100: John will be forming a committee to develop revisions to the BTPOA Bylaws and the BTPOA Rules and Regulations to comply with SB 05-100.
9. Future Board Meeting Schedule: The board decided by consensus to hold meetings on the second Friday of each month. The preferred location is the Tri-Lakes Fire Protection District firehouse boardroom, 18650 Highway 105 (near the bowling alley). The next meeting will be held October 14, 6:30 pm.
10. Any other business or resident remarks. None.
11. Action Items:
a) John Heiser
1) Obtain information from property management companies regarding managing Bent Tree and the attendant costs.
2) Talk with Claude Todaro regarding the Gossett situation.
3) Contact Jerry Lopez regarding inspection of the drainage structures.
4) Form a committee and work with them to prepare proposed changes to the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations for compliance with SB05-100.
5) Contact Jerry Wagner to see if he will continue as editor of the Bent Tree Log.
b) Tim McLaughlin
1) Contact the Curt and Theresa Broeker (Lot 198) to obtain payment of assessment and late fee.
c) Bruce Bates
1) Prepare ACC Rules and Regulations for inclusion as an appendix in the BTPOA Rules and Regulations.
12. Adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 9:45 p.m.
Minutes Prepared by John Heiser, President, BTPOA, Oct. 10, 2005.